Friday, January 15, 2010

How To Deal With Macho Types

Hello.
One of my Youtube friends and I were messaging yesterday, and she was talking about the way some men treat some women as though they were stupid. I told her some men treat all women as though they were stupid, and that I had run into that a great deal throughout my lifetime. I also pointed out to her that if we women try to prove them wrong, these men then resort to swearing and tell us to shut up. I have learned to take this kind of macho behavior in my stride. I simply keep telling myself "You are smarter than this guy, and not just because you have the good sense to not behave the way he is doing. And, besides, he wouldn't be so upset, unless he knew that you were smarter than he." This approach works very well for me, because then I can just smile, shake my head and walk away; proud to be an intelligent woman. Score one for all intelligent women, everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. So I gave you a rant idea. I know that I am smarter than a lot of people, so it makes me mad when I am treated badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ellen.
    I know that you are smarter than a lot of people, too, just from our YT messages. And, yes, you were my inspiration, as well. Sigh. My heroine!LOL Kidding, girl. Love ya, Anna
    P.S. Thanks for the comment and the rant idea.

    ReplyDelete

Here is the place where you find the rules of this forum. You may post comments about profanity, obscenity, prejudices, and stereotypes, as well as other subjects. However, profanity, obscenity, prejudices and stereotypes are prohibited from comments posted here. All that is allowed is to comment ABOUT these issues. Any comments which do not adhere to these guidelines may be deleted at the discretion of the site owner. Thank You.